Scope and Contents
Contains Swanton's revisions of texts found in MS 4800 James O. Dorsey papers, and related materials. Contents:
1. George Bushotter's first story, the myth of Miwakan yuhala. . Autograph Document Signed. 10 pages. Copy of Lakota text, with interlinear translation in Swanton's hand; revised with "information provided by Joseph Estes [a Yankton]."
2. English translations of George Bushotter's Lakota texts 1 and 3-17. [1889-1900]. 64 pages.
3. "Dakota notes made in 1899." Approximately 55 pages in small notebook. Linguistic and ethnologic notes, mainly concerning the George Bushotter texts.
4. Note on the history of the Bushotter texts. 1903-1905. Typescript and autograph document. 1 page.
5. Letter to M. W. Stirling, concerning the Bushotter texts. Newton, Massachusetts. March 16, 1956. Typescript letter signed. 2 pages. 3 related letters by Stirling. March-April 1956. carbon copy Typescript letter. 4 pages.